This paper presents ANTBAL, an ant colony optimization algorithm for balancing mixed-model assembly lines. The proposed algorithm accounts for zoning constraints and parallel workstations and aims to minimize the number of operators in the assembly line for a given cycle time. In addition to this goal, ANTBAL looks for solutions that smooth the workload among workstations, which is an important aspect to account for in balancing mixed-model assembly lines. Computational experience shows the superior performance of the proposed algorithm.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Kellegöz, Talip; Toklu, Bilal: An efficient branch and bound algorithm for assembly line balancing problems with parallel multi-manned workstations (2012)
- Kovalev, Sergey; Delorme, Xavier; Dolgui, Alexandre: Line configuration to minimize setup costs (2012)
- Emde, Simon; Boysen, Nils; Scholl, Armin: Balancing mixed-model assembly lines: a computational evaluation of objectives to smoothen workload (2010)
- Özcan, Uğur; çerçioğlu, Hakan; Gökçen, Hadi; Toklu, Bilal: Balancing and sequencing of parallel mixed-model assembly lines (2010)
- Scholl, Armin; Fliedner, Malte; Boysen, Nils: Absalom: balancing assembly lines with assignment restrictions (2010)
- Moon, Ilkyeong; Logendran, Rasaratnam; Lee, Jeonghun: Integrated assembly line balancing with resource restrictions (2009)
- Simaria, A.S.; Zanella De Sá, M.; Vilarinho, P.M.: Meeting demand variation using flexible U-shaped assembly lines (2009)
- Capacho, Liliana; Pastor, Rafael: ASALBP: The alternative subgraphs assembly line balancing problem (2008)
- Boysen, Nils; Fliedner, Malte; Scholl, Armin: A classification of assembly line balancing problems (2007)
- Vilarinho, P.M.; Simaria, A.S.: ANTBAL: an ant colony optimization algorithm for balancing mixed-model assembly lines with parallel workstations (2006)