IT-CEMOP: an iterative co-evolutionary algorithm for multiobjective optimization problem with nonlinear constraints. Over the past few years, researchers have developed a number of multiobjective evolutionary algorithms (MOEAs). Although most studies concentrate on solving unconstrained optimization problems, there exit a few studies where MOEAs have been extended to solve constrained optimization problems. Most of them were based on penalty functions for handling nonlinear constraints by genetic algorithms. However the performance of these methods is highly problem-dependent, many methods require additional tuning of several parameters. In this paper, we present a new optimization algorithm, which is based on concept of co-evolution and repair algorithm for handling nonlinear constraints. The algorithm maintains a finite-sized archive of nondominated solutions which gets iteratively updated in the presence of new solutions based on the concept of ε-dominance. The use of ε-dominance also makes the algorithms practical by allowing a decision maker to control the resolution of the Pareto set approximation by choosing an appropriate ε value, which guarantees convergence and diversity. The results, provided by the proposed algorithm for six benchmark problems, are promising when compared with exiting well-known algorithms. Also, our results suggest that our algorithm is better applicable for solving real-world application problems.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Abo-Sinna, M. A.; Yousria Abo-Elnaga, Y.; Mousa, A. A.: An interactive dynamic approach based on hybrid swarm optimization for solving multiobjective programming problem with fuzzy parameters (2014)
- Zhang, Zhuhong; Qian, Shuqu: Artificial immune system in dynamic environments solving time-varying non-linear constrained multi-objective problems (2011) ioport
- Mousa, A. A.: Using genetic algorithm and TOPSIS technique for multiobjective transportation problem: a hybrid approach (2010)
- Mousa, A. A.; El-Desoky, I. M.: GENLS: Co-evolutionary algorithm for nonlinear system of equations (2008)
- Palubeckis, Gintaras: Iterated tabu search for the maximum diversity problem (2007)
- Osman, M. S.; Abo-Sinna, Mahmoud A.; Mousa, A. A.: IT-CEMOP: an iterative co-evolutionary algorithm for multiobjective optimization problem with nonlinear constraints (2006)