HB-MP: a further step in the HB-family of lightweight authentication protocols. A family of lightweight authentication protocols has been developed since Hopper and Blum proposed the HB protocol in 2001. In 2005, the HB + protocol was proposed as an improvement of the original HB to overcome the weakness against active attacks. Later, several authors have successfully applied new attacks to both HB and HB + , resulting in a new modification known as HB ++ . Again, this protocol has been cryptanalyzed and a new protocol has been presented by Piramuthu in 2006. This kind of protocol is especially suitable for RFID systems in which every tag has to be authenticated by the reader. Taking into account security and performance aspects, we present in this paper a new protocol, named HB-MP, derived from HB + , providing a more efficient performance and resistance to the active attacks applied to the HB-family.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Cash, David; Kiltz, Eike; Tessaro, Stefano: Two-round man-in-the-middle security from LPN (2016)
- Tomović, Siniša; Mihaljević, Miodrag J.; Perović, Aleksandar; Ognjanović, Zoran: A protocol for provably secure authentication of a tiny entity to a high performance computing one (2016)
- Kiltz, Eike; Pietrzak, Krzysztof; Cash, David; Jain, Abhishek; Venturi, Daniele: Efficient authentication from hard learning problems (2011)
- Katz, Jonathan; Shin, Ji Sun; Smith, Adam: Parallel and concurrent security of the HB and $HB^+$ protocols (2010)
- Bringer, Julien; Chabanne, Hervé; Icart, Thomas: On physical obfuscation of cryptographic algorithms (2009)
- Ouafi, Khaled; Overbeck, Raphael; Vaudenay, Serge: On the security of HB$^\#$ against a man-in-the-middle attack (2008)
- Munilla, J.; Peinado, A.: HB-MP: a further step in the HB-family of lightweight authentication protocols (2007)
- Munilla, J.; Peinado, A.: HB-MP: A further step in the HB-family of lightweight authentication protocols (2007) ioport