GAPS: A clustering method using a new point symmetry-based distance measure. An evolutionary clustering technique is described that uses a new point symmetry-based distance measure. The algorithm is therefore able to detect both convex and non-convex clusters. Kd-tree based nearest neighbor search is used to reduce the complexity of finding the closest symmetric point. Adaptive mutation and crossover probabilities are used. The proposed GA with Point Symmetry (GAPS) distance based clustering algorithm is able to detect any type of clusters, irrespective of their geometrical shape and overlapping nature, as long as they possess the characteristic of symmetry. GAPS is compared with existing symmetry-based clustering technique SBKM, its modified version, and the well-known K-means algorithm. Sixteen data sets with widely varying characteristics are used to demonstrate its superiority. For real-life data sets, ANOVA and MANOVA statistical analyses are performed.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Liu, Ruochen; He, Fei; Liu, Jing; Ma, Wenping; Li, Yangyang: A point symmetry-based clonal selection clustering algorithm and its application in image compression (2014)
- Laykin, Shahar; Alchanatis, Victor; Edan, Yael: On-line multi-stage sorting algorithm for agriculture products (2012)
- Liu, Ruochen; Jiao, Licheng; Zhang, Xiangrong; Li, Yangyang: Gene transposon based clone selection algorithm for automatic clustering (2012)
- Chang, Dong-Xia; Zhang, Xian-Da; Zheng, Chang-Wen; Zhang, Dao-Ming: A robust dynamic niching genetic algorithm with niche migration for automatic clustering problem (2010)
- Saha, Sriparna; Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra: A symmetry based multiobjective clustering technique for automatic evolution of clusters (2010)
- Saha, Sriparna; Maulik, Ujjwal: Use of symmetry and stability for data clustering (2010)
- Yu, Zhiwen; Wong, Hau-San: Quantization-based clustering algorithm (2010)
- Chang, Dong-Xia; Zhang, Xian-Da; Zheng, Chang-Wen: A genetic algorithm with gene rearrangement for K-means clustering (2009)
- Saha, Sriparna; Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra: A new line symmetry distance and its application to data clustering (2009)
- Saha, Sriparna; Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra: A new point symmetry based fuzzy genetic clustering technique for automatic evolution of clusters (2009)
- Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra; Saha, Sriparna: GAPS: A clustering method using a new point symmetry-based distance measure (2007)