Elmer/Ice: Open Source Finite Element Software for Ice Sheet, Glaciers and Ice Flow Modelling. Elmer/Ice is a full-Stokes, finite element, ice sheet / ice flow model. The aim of this website is to present the capabilities of Elmer/Ice and to distribute course materials and tutorials. Elmer/Ice is an add-on package to Elmer, which is a multi-physics FEM suite mainly developed by CSC-IT Center for Science Ltd., Espoo, Finland. Initially started by CSC, IGE and ILTS, currently multiple institutions and individuals contribute to the development of Elmer/Ice.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Helanow, Christian; Ahlkrona, Josefin: Stabilized equal low-order finite elements in ice sheet modeling -- accuracy and robustness (2018)
- Ahlkrona, Josefin; Shcherbakov, Victor: A meshfree approach to non-Newtonian free surface ice flow: application to the Haut Glacier d’Arolla (2017)
- Allen, Jeffery; Leibs, Chris; Manteuffel, Tom; Rajaram, Harihar: A fluidity-based first-order system least-squares method for ice sheets (2017)
- Borzacchiello, Domenico; Leriche, Emmanuel; Blottière, Benoît; Guillet, Jacques: Box-relaxation based multigrid solvers for the variable viscosity Stokes problem (2017)
- Cheng, Gong; Lötstedt, Per; von Sydow, Lina: Accurate and stable time stepping in ice sheet modeling (2017)
- Ahlkrona, Josefin; Lötstedt, Per; Kirchner, Nina; Zwinger, Thomas: Dynamically coupling the non-linear Stokes equations with the shallow ice approximation in glaciology: description and first applications of the ISCAL method (2016)
- Tuminaro, R.; Perego, M.; Tezaur, I.; Salinger, A.; Price, S.: A matrix dependent/algebraic multigrid approach for extruded meshes with applications to ice sheet modeling (2016)
- Leng, Wei; Ju, Lili; Xie, Yan; Cui, Tao; Gunzburger, Max: Finite element three-dimensional Stokes ice sheet dynamics model with enhanced local mass conservation (2014)
Further publications can be found at: http://elmerice.elmerfem.org/publications