We describe FATCOP 2.0, a new parallel mixed integer program solver that works in an opportunistic computing environment provided by the Condor resource management system. We outline changes to the search strategy of FATCOP 1.0 that are necessary to improve resource utilization, together with new techniques to exploit heterogeneous resources. We detail several advanced features in the code that are necessary for successful solution of a variety of mixed integer test problems, along with the different usage schemes that are pertinent to our particular computing environment. Computational results demonstrating the effects of the changes are provided and used to generate effective default strategies for the FATCOP solver.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Berthold, Timo; Farmer, James; Heinz, Stefan; Perregaard, Michael: Parallelization of the FICO Xpress-Optimizer (2018)
- Bussieck, Michael R.; Ferris, Michael C.; Meeraus, Alexander: Grid-enabled optimization with GAMS (2009)
- Latorre, Jesús M.; Cerisola, Santiago; Ramos, Andrés; Palacios, Rafael: Analysis of stochastic problem decomposition algorithms in computational grids (2009)
- Linderoth, Jeff; Margot, François; Thain, Greg: Improving bounds on the football pool problem by integer programming and high-throughput computing (2009)
- Janjarassuk, Udom; Linderoth, Jeff: Reformulation and sampling to solve a stochastic network interdiction problem (2008)
- Linderoth, Jeff; Shapiro, Alexander; Wright, Stephen: The empirical behavior of sampling methods for stochastic programming (2006)
- Goux, J.-P.; Leyffer, S.: Solving large MINLPs on computational grids (2002)
- Chen, Qun; Ferris, Michael C.: FATCOP: A fault tolerant condor-PVM mixed integer programming solver (2001)
- Chen, Qun; Ferris, Michael C.; Linderoth, Jeff: FATCOP 2.0: Advanced features in an opportunistic mixed integer programming solver (2001)