GENLS: Co-evolutionary algorithm for nonlinear system of equations. We present a new optimization system (GENLS), for a system of nonlinear equations. Our approach has two characteristic features. Firstly, the system of nonlinear equations is transformed into a nonlinear programming problem (NLP) with additional parameter ε to define an initial precision of the system. That is, the objective is to reduce the violation of the constraints to an acceptable level (desired precision ε * ) by minimizing a function that measures the maximum violation of the constraints. Secondly, an efficient co-evolutionary algorithm is implemented for solving the resulting NLP, which combines the concept of co-evolution, a repairing procedure and an elitist strategy. Finally, we report numerical results in order to establish the actual computational burden of the proposed method and to assess its performances with respect to classical approaches for solving a system of nonlinear equations.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Mangla, Chhavi; Bhasin, Harsh; Ahmad, Musheer; Uddin, Moin: Novel solution of nonlinear equations using genetic algorithm (2017)
- Koupaei, J. Alikhani; Hosseini, S. M. M.: A new hybrid algorithm based on chaotic maps for solving systems of nonlinear equations (2015)
- Abd-El-Wahed, W. F.; Mousa, A. A.; El-Shorbagy, M. A.: Integrating particle swarm optimization with genetic algorithms for solving nonlinear optimization problems (2011)
- Tsoulos, I. G.; Stavrakoudis, Athanassios: On locating all roots of systems of nonlinear equations inside bounded domain using global optimization methods (2010)
- Mousa, A. A.; El-Desoky, I. M.: GENLS: Co-evolutionary algorithm for nonlinear system of equations (2008)