CLOVES: a cluster-and-search heuristic to solve the vehicle routing problem with delivery and pick-up This paper addresses the vehicle routing problem with sequence-constrained delivery and pick-up (VRPDP). We propose a multi-phase constructive heuristic that clusters nodes based on proximity, orients them along a route using shrink-wrap algorithm and allots vehicles using generalized assignment procedure. We employ genetic algorithm for an intensive final search. Trials on a large number of test-problems have yielded encouraging results.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Yanik, Seda; Bozkaya, Burcin; deKervenoael, Ronan: A new VRPPD model and a hybrid heuristic solution approach for e-tailing (2014)
- Ramkumar, N.; Subramanian, P.; Narendran, T.T.; Ganesh, K.: Mixed integer linear programming model for multi-commodity multi-depot inventory routing problem (2012)
- Hu, Xiangpei; Wang, Zheng; Huang, Minfang; Zeng, Amy Z.: A computer-enabled solution procedure for food wholesalers’ distribution decision in cities with a circular transportation infrastructure (2009)
- Potvin, Jean-Yves: State-of-the art review-evolutionary algorithms for vehicle routing (2009)
- Borgulya, István: An algorithm for the capacitated vehicle routing problem with route balancing (2008)
- Martinovic, Goran; Aleksi, Ivan; Baumgartner, Alfonzo: Single-commodity vehicle routing problem with pickup and delivery service (2008)
- Ganesh, K.; Narendran, T.T.: CLOVES: a cluster-and-search heuristic to solve the vehicle routing problem with delivery and pick-up (2007)