X-FCSR -- a new software oriented stream cipher based upon FCSRs. Feedback with Carry Shift Registers (FCSRs) are a promising alternative to LFSRs in the design of stream ciphers. The previous constructions based on FCSRs were dedicated to hardware applications. In this paper, we will describe X-FCSR a family of software oriented stream ciphers using FCSRs. The core of the system is composed of two 256-bits FCSRs. We propose two versions: X-FCSR-128 and X-FCSR-256 which output respectively 128 and 256 bits at each iteration. We study the resistance of our design against several cryptanalyses. These stream ciphers achieve a high throughput and are suitable for software applications (6.3 cycles/byte).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Lin, Zhiqiang; Lin, Dongdai; Pei, Dingyi: Practical construction of ring LFSRs and ring FCSRs with low diffusion delay for hardware cryptographic applications (2017)
- Stankovski, Paul; Hell, Martin; Johansson, Thomas: An efficient state recovery attack on the X-FCSR family of stream ciphers (2014)
- Berger, Thierry P.; D’Hayer, Joffrey; Marquet, Kevin; Minier, Marine; Thomas, Gaël: The GLUON family: a lightweight hash function family based on FCSRs (2012)
- Arnault, François; Berger, Thierry P.; Pousse, Benjamin: A matrix approach for FCSR automata (2011)
- Hell, Martin; Johansson, Thomas: Breaking the stream ciphers F-FCSR-H and F-FCSR-16 in real time (2011)
- Berger, Thierry P.; Minier, Marine; Pousse, Benjamin: Software oriented stream ciphers based upon FCSRs in diversified mode (2009)
- Stankovski, Paul; Hell, Martin; Johansson, Thomas: An efficient state recovery attack on X-FCSR-256 (2009)
- Arnault, François; Berger, Thierry P.; Lauradoux, Cédric; Minier, Marine: X-FCSR -- a new software oriented stream cipher based upon FCSRs (2007)