PROMETHEE-MD-2T method for project selection. Project selection is a real problem of multicriteria group decision making (MCGDM) where each decision maker expresses his/her preferences depending on the nature of the alternatives and on his/her own knowledge over them. Thus, information, as much quantitative as qualitative, coexists. The traditional methods of MCGDM developed for project selection usually discriminates in favour of quantitative information at the expense of qualitative information, and this is due to the capability to integrate this first type of information inside their procedure. In this article, two new multicriteria 2-tuple group decision methods called “Preference Ranking Organisation Method for Enrichment Evaluation Multi Decision maker 2-Tuple-I and II” (PROMETHEE-MD-2T-I and II) are presented. They are able to integrate inside their procedure both quantitative and qualitative information in an uncertain context. This has been performed by integrating a 2-tuple linguistic representation model dealing with non-homogeneous and imprecise information data made up by valued intervals, numerical and linguistic values into the aggregation operators of Promethee methods. Although they have been developed for project selection problems, these proposed methods can be applied to all kinds of decision-making problems with heterogeneous and multigranular information. Therefore, the application of these methods to real problems will lead to better results in MCGDM. It offers to the decision makers simpler and wider application of the aggregation operators of the Promethee multicriteria method without sacrificing any of its advantageous properties and by taking into account the imprecision of data. A numerical simulation of the proposed method is carried out to show its possibilities.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Arcidiacono, Sally Giuseppe; Corrente, Salvatore; Greco, Salvatore: GAIA-SMAA-PROMETHEE for a hierarchy of interacting criteria (2018)
- Zagonari, Fabio: A non-probabilistic methodology for reliable sustainability planning: an application to the iraqi national irrigation system (2016)
- Zulueta, Yeleny; Rodríguez, David; Bello, Rafael; Martínez, Luis: A linguistic fusion approach for heterogeneous environmental impact significance assessment (2016)
- Carazo, Ana F.; Contreras, Ignacio; Gómez, Trinidad; Pérez, Fátima: A project portfolio selection problem in a group decision-making context (2012)
- Martíńez, L.; Herrera, F.: An overview on the 2-tuple linguistic model for computing with words in decision making: extensions, applications and challenges (2012) ioport
- Rouyendegh, Babak Daneshvar: Evaluating projects based on intuitionistic fuzzy group decision making (2012)
- Vahdani, Behnam; Hadipour, Hasan: Extension of the ELECTRE method based on interval-valued fuzzy sets (2011) ioport
- Behzadian, Majid; Kazemzadeh, R. B.; Albadvi, A.; Aghdasi, M.: PROMETHEE: a comprehensive literature review on methodologies and applications (2010)
- Li, Deng-Feng: A new methodology for fuzzy multi-attribute group decision making with multi-granularity and non-homogeneous information (2010)
- Halouani, N.; Chabchoub, H.; Martel, J.-M.: PROMETHEE-MD-2T method for project selection (2009)