YAPA: A generic tool for computing intruder knowledge. Reasoning about the knowledge of an attacker is a necessary step in many formal analyses of security protocols. In the framework of the applied pi-calculus, as in similar languages based on equational logics, knowledge is typically expressed by two relations: deducibility and static equivalence. Several decision procedures have been proposed for these relations under a variety of equational theories. However, each theory has its particular algorithm, and none has been implemented so far. We provide a generic procedure for deducibility and static equivalence that takes as input any convergent rewrite system. We show that our algorithm covers all the existing decision procedures for convergent theories. We also provide an efficient implementation, and compare it briefly with the more general tool ProVerif.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 2 standard articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Chadha, Rohit; Cheval, Vincent; Ciob^acă, Ştefan; Kremer, Steve: Automated verification of equivalence properties of cryptographic protocols (2016)
- Baudet, Mathieu; Cortier, Véronique; Delaune, Stéphanie: YAPA: a generic tool for computing intruder knowledge (2013)
- Chadha, Rohit; Ciob^acă, Ştefan; Kremer, Steve: Automated verification of equivalence properties of cryptographic protocols (2012)
- Ciob^acă, Ştefan; Delaune, Stéphanie; Kremer, Steve: Computing knowledge in security protocols under convergent equational theories (2012)
- Kremer, Steve; Mercier, Antoine; Treinen, Ralf: Reducing equational theories for the decision of static equivalence (2012)
- Berrima, Mouhebeddine; Ben Rajeb, Narjes; Cortier, Véronique: Deciding knowledge in security protocols under some e-voting theories (2011)
- Conchinha, Bruno; Basin, David A.; Caleiro, Carlos: FAST: an efficient decision procedure for deduction and static equivalence (2011)
- Baudet, Mathieu; Cortier, Véronique; Delaune, Stéphanie: YAPA: A generic tool for computing intruder knowledge (2010) ioport
- Chevalier, Yannick; Rusinowitch, Michaël: Compiling and securing cryptographic protocols (2010)
- Cheval, Vincent; Comon-Lundh, Hubert; Delaune, Stéphanie: Automating security analysis: symbolic equivalence of constraint systems (2010)
- Baudet, Mathieu; Cortier, Véronique; Delaune, Stéphanie: YAPA: a generic tool for computing intruder knowledge (2009)
- Escobar, Santiago; Meadows, Catherine; Meseguer, José: Maude-NPA: cryptographic protocol analysis modulo equational properties (2009)