Meningitis data mining by cooperatively using GDT-RS and RSBR. This paper describes an application of two rough sets based systems, namely Generalized Distribution Table and Rough Set (GDT-RS) and Rough Sets with Boolean Reasoning (RSBR) respectively, for mining if-then rules in a meningitis dataset. GDT-RS is a soft hybrid induction system, and RSBR is used for discretization of real valued attributes as a pre-processing step realized before the GDT-RS starts. We argue that discretization of continuous valued attributes is an important pre-processing step in the rule discovery process. We illustrate the quality of rules discovered by GDT-RS is strongly affected by the result of discretization.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Bodjanova, Slavka; Kalina, Martin: Gradual evaluation of granules of a fuzzy relation: R-related sets (2010)
- Sikora, Marek: Decision rule-based data models using TRS and NetTRS -- methods and algorithms (2010)
- Al-Qaheri, Hameed; Hassanien, Aboul Ella; Abraham, Ajith: A generic scheme for generating prediction rules using rough sets (2009)
- Yang, Yong; Wang, Guoyin; Kong, Hao: Self-learning facial emotional feature selection based on rough set theory (2009)
- Yao, Yiyu: Probabilistic rough set approximations (2008)
- Pawlak, Zdzisław; Skowron, Andrzej: Rudiments of rough sets (2007)
- Sikora, Marek: Rule quality measures in creation and reduction of data rule models (2006)
- Zhong, Ning; Dong, Ju-Zhen; Ohsuga, Setsuo: Meningitis data mining by cooperatively using GDT-RS and RSBR. (2003)
- Miyahara, Tetsuhiro; Suzuki, Yusuke; Shoudai, Takayoshi; Uchida, Tomoyuki; Takahashi, Kenichi; Ueda, Hiroaki: Discovery of frequent tag tree patterns in semistructured web documents (2002)
- Zhong, Ning; Dong, Ju-Zhen; Yao, Y.Y.; Ohsuga, Setsuo: Gastric cancer data mining with ordered information (2002)
- Zhong, Ning; Matsunaga, Takahisa; Liu, Chunnian: A text mining agents based architecture for personal e-mail filtering and management (2002)
- Zhong, Ning; Skowron, Andrzej: A rough set-based knowledge discovery process (2001)