Several design methods for software/system architectures have been developed since the origins of Software Engineering. MASCOT remains as one of such preferred design methods in the European defence arena. There are even tools that support MASCOT diagram and textual software/system designs and also their automatic code generation. However, less attention has been paid to non-functional aspects of these designs, e.g. performance evaluation. MASCOTime is a tool prototype for MASCOT, that uses the discrete-event simulation to help analysts to select among several software/system architectures. In order to provide the performance constraints of system designs, MASCOT has been annotated in a transparent way for software engineers. MASCOTime will assist software/system developers to decide which architecture matches the performance and functional requirements on early steps of de! sign.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Wang, Weikun; Casale, Giuliano; Sutton, Charles: A Bayesian approach to parameter inference in queueing networks (2016)
- Bornat, Richard; Amjad, Hasan: Explanation of two non-blocking shared-variable communication algorithms (2013)
- Esfahani, Naeem; Mirian-Hosseinabadi, Seyed-Hassan; Rafati, Kamyar: Real-time analysis process patterns (2008)
- Lera, Isaac; Sancho, Pere P.; Juiz, Carlos; Puigjaner, Ramón; Zottl, Joachim; Haring, Günter: Performance assessment of intelligent distributed systems through software performance ontology engineering (SPOE). (2007) ioport
- Sancho, Pere P.; Juiz, Carlos; Puigjaner, Ramon: Evaluating the performance of architectures in MASCOT (2005)
- Sancho, Pere P.; Juiz, Carlos; Puigjaner, Ramon: Integrating system performance engineering into MASCOT methodology through discrete-event simulation (2004) ioport
- Henderson, N.; Paynter, S. E.: The formal classification and verification of Simpson’s 4-slot asynchronous communication mechanism (2002)
- Juiz, Carlos; Puigjaner, Ramon: Performance modelling of pools in soft real-time design architectures (2002)
- Allenby, Karen; Burton, Simon; Buttle, Darren; McDermid, John; Murdoch, John; Stephenson, Alan; Bardill, Mike; Hutchesson, Stuart: A family-oriented software development process for engine controllers (2001)
- Juiz, Carlos; Puigjaner, Ramon; Jackson, Ken: Performance modelling of interaction protocols in soft real-time design architectures (2001)
- Paynter, Stephen; Armstrong, Jim; Haveman, Jan: ADL: An activity description language for real-time networks (2000)
- Haveman, Jan: Transaction decomposition: Refinement of timing constraints (extended abstract) (1997)