By combining the polynomial transform and radix-q decomposition, the paper presents a new algorithm for the type-III r-dimensional discrete Cosine transform (rD-DCT-III) with size q l 1×q l 2× ... ×q l r , where q is an odd prime number. The number of multiplications for computing an rD-DCT-III is approximately 1/r times that needed by the row-column method while the number of additions increase slightly. The total number of operations (additions plus multiplications) is also reduced. The proposed algorithm has a simple computational structure because it needs only 1D-DCT-III and the polynomial transform.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Possio, Tablino C.: V-cycle optimal convergence for DCT-III matrices (2010)
- Shao, Xuancheng; Johnson, Steven G.: Type-II/III DCT/DST algorithms with reduced number of arithmetic operations (2008)
- Korohoda, Przemysław: Higher order filter bank design for transmultiplexation (2005)
- Liu, J. G.; Liu, Y. Z.; Wang, G. Y.: Fast DCT-I, DCT-III, and DCT-IV via moments (2005)
- Zeng, Yonghong; Bi, Guoan; Lin, Zhiping: Combined polynomial transform and radix-(q) algorithm for multi-dimensional DCT-III (2002)