Forward and inverse MDCT are two of the most computationally intensive operations in the MPEG audio coding standard. In this paper we derive sinusoidal recursive formulas for transforming kernels of the MDCT/MDST and IMDCT/IMDST. Then we efﬁciently implement MDCT/MDST and IMDCT/IMDST of the general length using the regressive structure derived from the sinusoidal recursive formulas. The proposed regular structure is particularly suitable for parallel VLSI realization. Our solution requires signiﬁcantly less operations as well as less hardware compared with a recently proposed one.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Thomas, Alexander; Rückauer, Michael; Becker, Jürgen: HoneyComb: an application-driven online adaptive reconfigurable hardware architecture (2012)
- Britanak, Vladimir: A survey of efficient MDCT implementations in MP3 audio coding standard: Retrospective and state-of-the-art (2011)
- Li, Hui; Li, Ping; Wang, Yiwen: An efficient hardware accelerator architecture for implementing fast IMDCT computation (2010)
- Britanak, Vladimir: New universal rotation-based fast computational structures for an efficient implementation of the DCT-IV/DST-IV and analysis/synthesis MDCT/MDST filter banks (2009)
- Britanak, Vladimir; Arriëns, Huibert J.Lincklaen: Fast computational structures for an efficient implementation of the complete TDAC analysis/synthesis MDCT/MDST filter banks (2009)
- Suresh, K.; Sreenivas, T.V.: Linear filtering in DCT IV/DST IV and MDCT/MDST domain (2009)
- Britanak, Vladimir: An efficient computing of oddly stacked MDCT/MDST via evenly stacked MDCT/MDST and vice versa (2005)
- Britaňák, Vladimír: A note on the MDCT/MDST and pseudoinverse matrix (2004)
- Nikolajevic, Vladimir; Fettweis, Gerhard: New recursive algorithms for the unified forward and inverse MDCT/MDST (2003)