In the iterative linear solver package LINSOL several generalized conjugate gradient (CG) methods (or, briefly, CG-type methods) with quite different properties are implemented. With these methods polyalgorithms with automatic method switching are constructed. The “emergency exit” that is taken in the worst case is the ATPRES method (which is very robust, but very slow). In this paper we investigate if (I)LU preconditioning were a better emergency exit and how the drop tolerance for small elements in ILU affects the convergence behavior. The answer will be: it depends.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Öztaskin, Murat C.; Wörner, Martin; Soyhan, Hakan S.: Numerical investigation of the stability of bubble train flow in a square minichannel (2009)
- Schönauer, Willi; Adolph, Torsten: FDEM: How we make the FDM more flexible than the FEM (2003)
- Gutknecht, Martin H. (ed.); Schönauer, Willi (ed.): Special issue: Developments and trends in iterative methods for large systems of equations -- in memoriam Rüdiger Weiss. Minisymposium: 16th IMACS world congress, Lausanne, Switzerland, August 21--25, 2000 (2002)
- Häfner, Hartmut; Schönauer, Willi: The integration of different variants of the (I)LU algorithm in the LINSOL program package (2002)
- Schönauer, Willi; Adolph, Torsten: Higher order may be better or may not be better: Investigations with the FDEM (finite difference element method) (2002)
- Schönauer, Willi; Häfner, Hartmut: Numerical experiments to optimize the use of (I)LU preconditioning in the iterative linear solver package LINSOL (2002)
- Schönauer, Willi; Adolph, Torsten: How we solve PDEs (2001)
- Schönauer, Willi: Numerical engineering: Design of PDE black-box solvers (2000)
- Benzi, Michele; Tuma, Miroslav: A comparative study of sparse approximate inverse preconditioners (1999)
- Christen, Peter: A parallel iterative linear system solver with dynamic load balancing (1999)
- Häfner, Hartmut; Schönauer, Willi; Weiss, Rüdiger: The program package LINSOL -- basic concepts and realization (1999) ioport