Semantic configuration web services in the CAWICOMS project Product configuration is a key technology in today’s highly specialized economy. Within the scope of state-of-the-art B2B frameworks and eProcurement solutions, various initiatives take into account the provision of configuration services. However, they all are based on the idea of defining quasi-standards for many-to-many relationships between customers and vendors. When moving towards networked markets, where suppliers dynamically form supply-side consortia, more flexible approaches to B2B integration become necessary. The emerging paradigm of Web services has therefore a huge potential in business application integration. This paper presents an application scenario for configuration Web services, that is currently under development in the research project CAWICOMS. An ontology-based approach allows the advertisement of services and a configuration specific protocol defines the operational processes. However, the lack of standards for the semantic annotation of Web services is still a major shortcoming of current Web technology.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Nica, Iulia; Wotawa, Franz: The SiMoL modeling language for simulation and (re-)configuration (2012)
- Henocque, Laurent: Z specification of object oriented constraint programs (2004)
- Omelayenko, Borys (ed.); Klein, Michel (ed.): Knowledge transformation for the semantic web (2003)
- Pahl, Claus: An ontology for software component matching (2003)
- Felfernig, Alexander; Friedrich, Gerhard; Jannach, Dietmar; Stumptner, Markus; Zanker, Markus: Acquiring configuration knowledge bases in the semantic web using UML (2002)
- Felfernig, Alexander; Friedrich, Gerhard; Jannach, Dietmar; Zanker, Markus: Semantic configuration web services in the CAWICOMS project (2002)
- Ardissono, L.; Felfernig, A.; Friedrich, G.; Jannach, D.; Schäfer, R.; Zanker, M.: Intelligent interfaces for distributed web-based product and service configuration (2001)