Tensors in physics. User’s guide for the Mathematica package CARTAN version 1. 2. Windows, MSDOS, Unix, Linux, VMS, MacOS and OS/2 This book comprises two parts: firstly an introduction to tensor calculus, in particular, the use of tensors in spaces with connection, Riemannian spaces and semi-Riemannian spaces, and in physics, and secondly an introduction to the Mathematica package CARTAN. Contents: 1. Computer algebra, 2. General tensor calculus, 3. Getting started, 4. A reference manual, and 5. Examples. The examples in Chapter 5 give applications in relativity: FLRW cosmology, Kerr metric, a spin-polarized string, vacuum polarization near a planar domain wall, and the Kasner solution.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Babourova, O. V.; Kostkin, R. S.; Frolov, B. N.: Extension of the CARTAN package for symbolic calculations to space-time models with Weyl-Cartan structure (2009)
- Kostkin, R. S.: Solving problems of gravitation theory with the help of the Mathematica package for symbolic Cartan-Weyl calculations (2009)
- Rahman, Shahinur; Visser, Matt: Spacetime geometry of static fluid spheres (2002)
- Garcia de Andrade, L. C.: Astrophysical and terrestrial probes to test Einstein-Cartan gravity (2001)
- Socorro, José; Macías, Alfredo; Hehl, Friedrich W.: Computer algebra in gravity: Reduce-Excalc programs for (non-)Riemannian space-times. I (1998)
- Puntigam, Roland A.; Soleng, Harald H.: Volterra distortions, spinning strings, and cosmic defects (1997)
- Hehl, F. W. (ed.); Puntigam, R. A. (ed.); Ruder, H. (ed.): Relativity and scientific computing. Computer algebra, numerics, visualization (1996)
- Soleng, Harald H.: Tensors in physics. User’s guide for the Mathematica package CARTAN version 1. 2. Windows, MSDOS, Unix, Linux, VMS, MacOS and OS/2 (1996)