EC2C-PAKA: an efficient client-to-client password-authenticated key agreement Most password-authenticated key agreement schemes described in the literature have focused on authenticated key agreement using a shared password between a client and a server. With rapid changes in the modern communication environment such as ad hoc networks and ubiquitous computing, it is necessary to construct a secure end-to-end channel between clients. This paradigm is a quite different paradigm from the existing ones.par In this paper, we study client-to-client password-authenticated key agreement (C2C-PAKA) enabling two clients in different realms to agree on a common session key using different passwords. Byun et al. first presented a C2C-PAKA protocol under the cross-realm setting. However, the scheme was not formally treated, and subsequently found to be flawed. In addition, in this scheme, there is still opportunity for improvements both in the computation and communication aspects. We provide formal treatments for the C2C-PAKA protocol by using Bellare et al.’s security model. We also suggest an efficient C2C-PAKA protocol and prove that the protocol is secure under the decisional Diffie-Hellman assumption in the ideal cipher and random oracle models.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Tsai, Hao-Chuan; Chang, Chin-Chen: Provably secure three party encrypted key exchange scheme with explicit authentication (2013)
- Wang, Ren-Chiun; Juang, Wen-Shenq; Lei, Chin-Laung: Provably secure and efficient identification and key agreement protocol with user anonymity (2011)
- Feng, Deng-Guo; Xu, Jing: A new client-to-client password-authenticated key agreement protocol (2009)
- Hsu, Chien-Lung; Chuang, Yu-Hao: A novel user identification scheme with key distribution preserving user anonymity for distributed computer networks (2009) ioport
- Kim, Hyun-Seok; Choi, Jin-Young: Enhanced password-based simple three-party key exchange protocol (2009)
- Wang, Shengbao; Cao, Zhenfu; Choo, Kim-Kwang Raymond; Wang, Lihua: An improved identity-based key agreement protocol and its security proof (2009)
- Wan, Zhiguo; Deng, Robert H.; Bao, Feng; Preneel, Bart; Gu, Ming: (n) PAKE(^+): a tree-based group password-authenticated key exchange protocol using different passwords (2009) ioport
- Chung, Hao-Rung; Ku, Wei-Chi: Three weaknesses in a simple three-party key exchange protocol (2008)
- Wang, Weijia; Hu, Lei; Li, Yong: Provably secure (N)-party authenticated key exchange in the multicast DPWA setting (2008)
- Wang, Yong; Liao, Xiaofeng; Xiao, Di; Wong, Kwok-Wo: One-way hash function construction based on 2D coupled map lattices (2008)
- Byun, Jin Wook; Lee, Dong Hoon; Lim, Jong In: EC2C-PAKA: an efficient client-to-client password-authenticated key agreement (2007)