We describe the mathematical software package GEOMPACK, which contains standard Fortran 77 routines for the generation of two-dimensional triangular and three-dimensional tetrahedral finite element meshes using efficient geometric algorithms. This package results from our research into mesh generation and geometric algorithms.\parIt contains routines for constructing two- and three-dimensional Delaunay triangulations, decomposing a general polygonal region into simple or convex polygons, constructing the visibility polygon of a simple polygon from a viewpoint, and other geometric algorithms, from which our mesh generation method is built and others can be implemented. Our method generates meshes in polygonal or polyhedral regions specified by their boundary representation and possible interfaces between subregions.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Lo, Daniel S.H.: Finite element mesh generation (2015)
- Geuzaine, Christophe; Remacle, Jean-François: Gmsh: a 3-D finite element mesh generator with built-in pre- and post-processing facilities (2009)
- Cui, Liang; O’Sullivan, Catherine: Analysis of a triangulation based approach for specimen generation for discrete element simulations. (2003)
- Mijalković, S.; Mihajlović, M. D.: Component-wise algebraic multigrid preconditioning for the iterative solution of stress analysis problems form microfabrication technology. (2001)
- Berzins, M.; Fairlie, R.; Pennington, S.V.; Ware, J.M.; Scales, L.E.: SPRINT2D: Adaptive software for PDEs (1998)
- Houstis, E.N.; Rice, J.R.; Weerawarana, S.; Catlin, A.C.; Papachiou, P.; Wang, K.-Y.; Gaitatzes, M.: PELLPACK: A problem-solving environment for PDE-based applications on multicomputer platforms (1998)
- Langtangen, Hans Petter; Pedersen, Geir: Computational models for weakly dispersive nonlinear water waves (1998)
- Joe, B.: GEOMPACK - a software package for the generation of meshes using geometric algorithms (1991)