The 2004 International Planning Competition, IPC-4, will include a probabilistic planning track for the ﬁrst time. This document lays out some of the high level decisions that have been made concerning how the competition will be run. The details are still in ﬂux at the time of this writing, and we hope to get feedback from the participants to spelled them out more precisely during the fall. The overriding goal of the probabilistic planning track is to bring together two communities converging on a similar set of research issues and aid them in creating comparable tools and approaches. One community consists of Markov decision process (MDP) researchers interested in developing algorithms that apply to powerfully expressive representations of environments. The other consists of planning researchers incorporating probabilistic and decision theoretic concepts into their planning algorithms. Cross fertilization has begun, but the probabilistic planning track promises a set of shared benchmarks and evaluation metrics that could crystallize efforts in this domain of study.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Linares López, Carlos; Jiménez Celorrio, Sergio; García Olaya, Ángel: The deterministic part of the seventh international planning competition (2015) ioport
- Castillo, Luis; Morales, Lluvia; González-Ferrer, Arturo; Fdez-Olivares, Juan; Borrajo, Daniel; Onaindía, Eva: Automatic generation of temporal planning domains for e-learning problems (2010) ioport
- Garrido, Antonio; Arangu, Marlene; Onaindia, Eva: A constraint programming formulation for planning: From plan scheduling to plan generation (2009)
- Gerevini, Alfonso E.; Haslum, Patrik; Long, Derek; Saetti, Alessandro; Dimopoulos, Yannis: Deterministic planning in the fifth international planning competition: PDDL3 and experimental evaluation of the planners (2009)
- Gerevini, Alfonso E.; Saetti, Alessandro; Serina, Ivan: An approach to efficient planning with numerical fluents and multi-criteria plan quality (2008)
- Hoffmann, Joerg; Gomes, Carla P.; Selman, Bart: Structure and problem hardness: goal asymmetry and DPLL proofs in SAT-based planning (2007)
- Gerevini, A.; Saetti, A.; Serina, I.: An approach to temporal planning and scheduling in domains with predictable exogenous events (2006)
- Hoffmann, J.; Edelkamp, S.; Thiebaux, S.; Englert, R.; Liporace, F.; Trueg, S.: Engineering benchmarks for planning: the domains used in the deterministic part of IPC-4 (2006)
- Onder, N.; Whelan, G.C.; Li, L.: Engineering a conformant probabilistic planner (2006)
- Hoffmann, J.; Edelkamp, S.: The deterministic part of IPC-4: an overview (2005)