The HPC Challenge benchmark consists at this time of 7 benchmarks: HPL, STREAM, RandomAccess, PTRANS, FFTE, DGEMM and b_eff Latency/Bandwidth. HPL is the Linpack TPP benchmark. The test stresses the floating point performance of a system. STREAM is a benchmark that measures sustainable memory bandwidth (in GB/s), RandomAccess measures the rate of random updates of memory. PTRANS measures the rate of transfer for larges arrays of data from multiprocessor’s memory. Latency/Bandwidth measures (as the name suggests) latency and bandwidth of communication patterns of increasing complexity between as many nodes as is time-wise feasible.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Sundriyal, Vaibhav; Sosonkina, Masha; Gaenko, Alexander; Zhang, Zhao: Energy saving strategies for parallel applications with point-to-point communication phases (2013)
- Wernsing, John R.; Stitt, Greg: Elastic computing: A portable optimization framework for hybrid computers (2012)
- Ye, Kejiang; Che, Jianhua; He, Qinming; Huang, Dawei; Jiang, Xiaohong: Performance combinative evaluation from single virtual machine to multiple virtual machine systems (2012)
- Numrich, Robert W.; Heroux, Michael A.: Self-similarity of parallel machines (2011)
- Hudak, David E.; Ludban, Neil; Krishnamurthy, Ashok; Gadepally, Vijay; Samsi, Siddharth; Nehrbass, John: A computational science IDE for HPC systems: design and applications (2009)
- Iushchenko, R.A.: Measuring the performance of parallel computers with distributed memory (2009)
- Strohmaier, Erich: Generalized utility metrics for supercomputers (2009)
- Numrich, Robert W.: Computational forces in the linpack benchmark (2008)
- Page, Andrew J.; Keane, Thomas M.; Naughton, Thomas J.: Scheduling in a dynamic heterogeneous distributed system using estimation error (2008)
- Saini, Subhash; Ciotti, Robert; Gunney, Brian T.N.; Spelce, Thomas E.; Koniges, Alice; Dossa, Don; Adamidis, Panagiotis; Rabenseifner, Rolf; Tiyyagura, Sunil R.; Mueller, Matthias: Performance evaluation of supercomputers using HPCC and IMB benchmarks (2008)
- Moreira, José E.; Salapura, Valentina; Almasi, George; Archer, Charles; Bellofatto, Ralph; Bergner, Peter; Bickford, Randy; Blumrich, Mathias; Brunheroto, José R.; Bright, Arthur A.; Brutman, Michael; Castaños, José G.; Chen, Dong; Coteus, Paul; Crumley, Paul; Ellis, Sam; Engelsiepen, Thomas; Gara, Alan; Giampapa, Mark; Gooding, Tom; Hall, Shawn; Haring, Ruud A.; Haskin, Roger; Heidelberger, Philip; Hoenicke, Dirk; Inglett, Todd; Kopcsay, Gerrard V.; Lieber, Derek; Limpert, David; McCarthy, Pat; Megerian, Mark; Mundy, Mike; Ohmacht, Martin; Parker, Jeff; Rand, Rick A.; Reed, Don; Sahoo, Ramendra; Sanomiya, Alda; Shok, Richard; Smith, Brian; Stewart, Gordon G.; Takken, Todd; Vranas, Pavlos; Wallenfelt, Brian; Blocksome, Michael; Ratterman, Joe: The blue gene/L supercomputer: A hardware and software story (2007)
Further publications can be found at: http://icl.cs.utk.edu/hpcc/pubs/index.html