Numerical simulations of Rayleigh--Taylor and Richtmyer--Meshkov instability using MAH-3 code Results of the 2D and 3D numerical modeling of the Rayleigh--Taylor and the Richtmyer--Meshkov instabilities are presented. The modeling is performed by using the MAH-3 code enabling to solve nonsteady-state 3D gas-dynamic problems. Brief description of the numerical model is given. For the Rayleigh--Taylor instability, the evolution of single-mode interface perturbations is studied both at the linear and nonlinear stages. The case of the Richtmyer--Meshkov instability is considered to investigate the evolution of single-mode perturbations into the turbulent stage. Single-mode perturbation growth rates are compared for the cases of the 2D and 3D modeling. To represent the growth of stochastic perturbations under the Rayleigh--Taylor instability in the calculations, conditions of diagnosing the stage of self-similar turbulent mixing were proposed.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Zhou, Ye: Rayleigh-Taylor and Richtmyer-Meshkov instability induced flow, turbulence, and mixing. I (2017)
- Belotserkovskaya, M. S.; Belotserkovskii, O. M.; Denisenko, V. V.; Eriklintsev, I. V.; Kozlov, S. A.; Oparina, E. I.; Troshkin, O. V.: On the short-wave nature of Richtmyer-Meshkov instability (2016)
- Regele, J. D.; Vasilyev, O. V.: An adaptive wavelet-collocation method for shock computations (2009)
- Ushakova, Olga V. (ed.): Advances in grid generation. (2007)
- Anuchina, N. N.; Volkov, V. I.; Gordeychuk, V. A.; Es’kov, N. S.; Ilyutina, O. S.; Kozyrev, O. M.: Numerical simulations of Rayleigh--Taylor and Richtmyer--Meshkov instability using MAH-3 code (2004)