PRIMME: PReconditioned Iterative MultiMethod Eigensolver. Symmetric and Hermitian eigenvalue problems enjoy a remarkable theoretical structure that allows for efficient and stable algorithms for obtaining a few required eigenpairs. This is probably one of the reasons that enabled applications requiring the solution of symmetric eigenproblems to push their accuracy and thus computational demands to unprecedented levels. Materials science, structural engineering, and some QCD applications routinely compute eigenvalues of matrices of dimension more than a million; and often much more than that! Typically, with increasing dimension comes increased ill conditioning, and thus the use of preconditioning becomes essential.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Li, Ruipeng; Xi, Yuanzhe; Vecharynski, Eugene; Yang, Chao; Saad, Yousef: A thick-restart Lanczos algorithm with polynomial filtering for Hermitian eigenvalue problems (2016)
- Xi, Yuanzhe; Saad, Yousef: Computing partial spectra with least-squares rational filters (2016)
- Röhrig-Zöllner, Melven; Thies, Jonas; Kreutzer, Moritz; Alvermann, Andreas; Pieper, Andreas; Basermann, Achim; Hager, Georg; Wellein, Gerhard; Fehske, Holger: Increasing the performance of the Jacobi-Davidson method by blocking (2015)
- Schaich, David; DeGrand, Thomas: Parallel software for lattice $\mathcalN = 4$ supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory (2015)
- Wu, Lingfei; Stathopoulos, Andreas: A preconditioned hybrid SVD method for accurately computing singular triplets of large matrices (2015)
- Andrzejewski, Janusz: On optimizing Jacobi-Davidson method for calculating eigenvalues in low dimensional structures using eight band $\boldk\cdot\boldp$ model (2013)
- Klinvex, A.; Saied, F.; Sameh, A.: Parallel implementations of the trace minimization scheme tracemin for the sparse symmetric eigenvalue problem (2013)
- De Sterck, Hans: A self-learning algebraic multigrid method for extremal singular triplets and eigenpairs (2012)
- Romero, Eloy; Cruz, Manuel B.; Roman, Jose E.; Vasconcelos, Paulo B.: A parallel implementation of the Jacobi-Davidson eigensolver for unsymmetric matrices (2011)
- Vömel, Christof; Tomov, Stanimire Z.; Marques, Osni A.; Canning, A.; Wang, Lin-Wang; Dongarra, Jack J.: State-of-the-art eigensolvers for electronic structure calculations of large scale nano-systems (2008)
- Bollhöfer, Matthias; Notay, Yvan: JADAMILU: a software code for computing selected eigenvalues of large sparse symmetric matrices (2007)
- Knyazev, A.V.; Argentati, M.E.; Lashuk, I.; Ovtchinnikov, E.E.: Block locally optimal preconditioned eigenvalue xolvers (BLOPEX) in hypre and PETSC (2007)