Block Locally Optimal Preconditioned Eigenvalue Xolvers (BLOPEX) is a package, written in C and MATLAB/OCTAVE, that includes an eigensolver implemented with the Locally Optimal Block Preconditioned Conjugate Gradient Method (LOBPCG). Its main features are: a matrix-free iterative method for computing several extreme eigenpairs of symmetric positive generalized eigenproblems; a user-defined symmetric positive preconditioner; robustness with respect to random initial approximations, variable preconditioners, and ill-conditioning of the stiffness matrix; and apparently optimal convergence speed. BLOPEX supports parallel MPI-based computations. BLOPEX is incorporated in the HYPRE package and is available as an external block to the PETSc package. SLEPc and PHAML have interfaces to call BLOPEX eigensolvers, as well as DevTools by Visual Kinematics.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Vecharynski, Eugene; Yang, Chao; Xue, Fei: Generalized preconditioned locally harmonic residual method for non-Hermitian eigenproblems (2016)
- Vecharynski, Eugene; Knyazev, Andrew: Preconditioned locally harmonic residual method for computing interior eigenpairs of certain classes of Hermitian matrices (2015)
- Bao, Gang; Hu, Guanghui; Liu, Di: Numerical solution of the Kohn-Sham equation by finite element methods with an adaptive mesh redistribution technique (2013)
- Bao, Gang; Hu, Guanghui; Liu, Di: An $h$-adaptive finite element solver for the calculations of the electronic structures (2012)
- Demmel, James; Grigori, Laura; Hoemmen, Mark; Langou, Julien: Communication-optimal parallel and sequential QR and LU factorizations (2012)
- Ferronato, Massimiliano; Janna, Carlo; Pini, Giorgio: Efficient parallel solution to large-size sparse eigenproblems with block FSAI preconditioning. (2012)
- Jordan, Gerald; Marsman, Martijn; Kim, Yoon-Suk; Kresse, Georg: Fast iterative interior eigensolver for millions of atoms (2012)
- Shklarski, Gil; Toledo, Sivan: Computing the null space of finite element problems (2009)
- Ovtchinnikov, E.E.: Jacobi correction equation, line search, and conjugate gradients in Hermitian eigenvalue computation. II: Computing several extreme eigenvalues (2008)
- Vömel, Christof; Tomov, Stanimire Z.; Marques, Osni A.; Canning, A.; Wang, Lin-Wang; Dongarra, Jack J.: State-of-the-art eigensolvers for electronic structure calculations of large scale nano-systems (2008)
- Knyazev, A.V.; Argentati, M.E.; Lashuk, I.; Ovtchinnikov, E.E.: Block locally optimal preconditioned eigenvalue xolvers (BLOPEX) in hypre and PETSC (2007)
- Knyazev, A.V.; Argentati, M.E.; Lashuk, I.; Ovtchinnikov, E.E.: Block locally optimal preconditioned eigenvalue xolvers (BLOPEX) in hypre and petsc (2007)