Hilbert class library
Hilbert class library: A library of abstract C++ classes for optimization and inversion. The object-oriented programming paradigm can be used to overcome the incompatibilities between off-the-shelf optimization software and application software. The Hilbert class library defines the fundamental mathematical objects arising in optimization problems, such as vectors, linear operators, and so forth, as C++ classes, making it possible to write optimization code in a natural fashion, while allowing application software such as simulators to use the most convenient data structures and programming style. In spite of the poor reputation C++ has for runtime performance, the use of mixed-language programming allows performance equal to that achieved by standard Fortran packages, as comparison with the popular code LBFGS and ARPACK demonstrate.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Madetoja, Elina; Tarvainen, Pasi: Object-oriented design of process line simulation and optimization -- a case study in papermaking (2010) ioport
- Bartlett, Roscoe A.; van Bloemen Waanders, Bart G.; Heroux, Michael A.: Vector reduction/transformation operators (2004)
- Åhlander, K.: Supporting tensor symmetries in EinSum. (2003)
- Gockenbach, Mark S.; Symes, William W.: Adaptive simulation, the adjoint state method, and optimization (2003)
- Gockenbach, Mark S.; Reynolds, Daniel R.; Shen, Peng; Symes, William W.: Efficient and automatic implementation of the adjoint state method (2002)
- Gockenbach, Mark S.; Petro, Matthew J.; Symes, William W.: C++ classes for linking optimization with complex simulations. (1999) ioport
- Gockenbach, Mark S.; Petro, Matthew J.; Symes, William W.: C++ classes for linking optimization with complex simulations (1999)
- Heinkenschloss, Matthias; Vicente, Luís N.: An interface between optimization and application for the numerical solution of optimal control problems (1999)
- Glockenbach, M. S.; Symes, W. W.: Hilbert class library: a library of abstract C++ classes for optimization and inversion. (1996) ioport
- Gockenbach, M. S.; Symes, W. W.: Hilbert class library: A library of abstract C++ classes for optimization and inversion (1996)