The engineering of multiblock/multigrid software for Navier--Stokes flows on structured meshes The paper describes EURANUS -- a general software system for the simulation of 3-D Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes flows about complex geometries, being developed for the European Space Agency. The software treats either perfect gases or air in chemical equilibrium. Closure of the Reynolds stresses is provided by either the Baldwin-Lomax turbulence model, or the $kappa-varepsilon$ model. The key to a successful multiblock code, particularly if it is to serve as an evolving platform, lies in the design of a suitable data structure and a concept for the management of the data. Two computed examples of viscous laminar hypersonic flow around the HERMES spaceplane provide an initial demonstration of the code.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Galbraith, Marshall C.; Benek, John A.; Orkwis, Paul D.; Turner, Mark G.: A discontinuous Galerkin Chimera scheme (2014)
- Gong, Jing; Nordström, Jan: Interface procedures for finite difference approximations of the advection-diffusion equation (2011)
- Nordström, Jan; Gong, Jing; van der Weide, Edwin; Svärd, Magnus: A stable and conservative high order multi-block method for the compressible Navier-Stokes equations (2009)
- Girodroux-Lavigne, P.; Grisval, J. P.; Guillemot, S.; Henshaw, M.; Karlsson, A.; Selmin, V.; Smith, J.; Teupootahiti, E.; Winzell, B.: Comparison of static and dynamic fluid-structure interaction solutions in the case of a highly flexible modern transport aircraft wing (2003)
- Haase, Werner (ed.); Selmin, Vittorio (ed.); Winzell, Bengt (ed.): Progress in computational flow-structure interaction. Results of the project UNSI, supported by the European Union 1998--2000. (2003)
- Hagstrom, Thomas; Nordström, Jan: Analysis of extrapolation boundary conditions for the linearized Euler equations (2003)
- Nordström, Jan; Björck, Martin: Finite volume approximations and strict stability for hyperbolic problems (2001)
- Wallin, Stefan; Johansson, Arne V.: An explicit algebraic Reynolds stress model for incompressible and compressible turbulent flows (2000)
- Rizzi, Arthur; Eliasson, Peter; Lindblad, Ingemar; Hirsch, Charles; Lacor, Chris; Haeuser, Jochem: The engineering of multiblock/multigrid software for Navier--Stokes flows on structured meshes (1993)