YACS: A new learning classifier system using anticipation A new and original trend in the Learning Classifier System (LCS) framework is focussed on latent learning. These new LCSs call upon classifiers with a ( condition ), an ( action ) and an ( effect ) part. In psychology, latent learning is defined as learning without getting any kind of reward. In the LCS framework, this process is in charge of discovering classifiers which are able to anticipate accurately the consequences of actions under some conditions. Accordingly, the latent learning process builds a model of the dynamics of the environment. This model can be used to improve the policy learning process. This paper describes YACS, a new LCS performing latent learning, and compares it with ACS.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Urbanowicz, Ryan J.; Moore, Jason H.: Learning classifier systems: a complete introduction, review, and roadmap (2009) ioport
- van Otterlo, Martijn: The logic of adaptive behavior. Knowledge representation and algorithms for adaptive sequential decision making under uncertainty in first-order and relational domains. (2009)
- Landau, Samuel; Sigaud, Olivier: A comparison between ATNoSFERES and learning classifier systems on non-Markov problems (2008) ioport
- Lanzi, Pier Luca: Learning classifier systems: then and now (2008) ioport
- Sigaud, Olivier; Wilson, Stewart W.: Learning classifier systems: a survey (2007)
- Gérard, Pierre; Meyer, Jean-Arcady; Sigaud, Olivier: Combining latent learning with dynamic programming in the modular anticipatory classifier system (2005)
- Gérard, Pierre; Sigaud, Olivier: Designing efficient exploration with MACS: Modules and function approximation (2003)
- Gérard, P.; Stolzmann, W.; Sigaud, O.: YACS: A new learning classifier system using anticipation (2002)
- Holmes, John H.; Lanzi, Pier Luca; Stolzmann, Wolfgang; Wilson, Stewart W.: Learning classifier systems: New models, successful applications (2002)
- Sigaud, Olivier; Gérard, Pierre: Being reactive by exchanging roles: an empirical study (2001)