CalculiX is a package designed to solve field problems. The method used is the finite element method. With CalculiX Finite Element Models can be build, calculated and post-processed. The pre- and post-processor is an interactive 3D-tool using the openGL API. The solver is able to do linear and non-linear calculations. Static, dynamic and thermal solutions are available. Both programs can be used independently. Because the solver makes use of the abaqus input format it is possible to use commercial pre-processors as well. In turn the pre-processor is able to write mesh related data for nastran, abaqus, ansys, code-aster and for the free-cfd codes dolfyn, duns, ISAAC and OpenFOAM. A simple step reader is included. In addition external CAD interfaces like vda_to_fbd are available. The program is designed to run on Unix platforms like Linux and Irix computers but also on MS-Windows. The CalculiX package was developed by a team of enthusiasts in their raw spare time. They are employees of MTU Aero Engines in Munich, Germany which granted the publication.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Grytz, Rafael; El Hamdaoui, Mustapha: Multi-scale modeling of vision-guided remodeling and age-dependent growth of the tree shrew sclera during eye development and lens-induced myopia (2017)
- Simon, K.; Sheorey, S.; Jacobs, D. W.; Basri, R.: A hyperelastic two-scale optimization model for shape matching (2017)
- Bungartz, Hans-Joachim; Lindner, Florian; Gatzhammer, Bernhard; Mehl, Miriam; Scheufele, Klaudius; Shukaev, Alexander; Uekermann, Benjamin: Precice - A fully parallel library for multi-physics surface coupling (2016)
- Gonçalves, P. J. P.; Silveira, M.; Petrocino, E. A.; Balthazar, J. M.: Double resonance capture of a two-degree-of-freedom oscillator coupled to a non-ideal motor (2016)
- Furquan, Mohd; Mittal, Sanjay: Flow past two square cylinders with flexible splitter plates (2015)
- Waffenschmidt, Tobias; Polindara, César; Menzel, Andreas; Blanco, Sergio: A gradient-enhanced large-deformation continuum damage model for fibre-reinforced materials (2014)
- Großmann, David; Jüttler, Bert; Schlusnus, Helena; Barner, Johannes; Vuong, Anh-Vu: Isogeometric simulation of turbine blades for aircraft engines (2012)
- Rossi, Marco; Pierron, Fabrice: Identification of plastic constitutive parameters at large deformations from three dimensional displacement fields (2012)
- Geuzaine, Christophe; Remacle, Jean-François: Gmsh: a 3-D finite element mesh generator with built-in pre- and post-processing facilities (2009)
- Ostoja-Starzewski, Martin: Microstructural randomness and scaling in mechanics of materials. (2008)
- Dhondt, Guido: The finite element method for three-dimensional thermomechanical applications. (2004)