Automatic determination of dynamical symmetries of ordinary differential equations The paper deals with the application of the program package CRACKSTAR to the problem of finding infinitesimal symmetries of ordinary differential equations thus reducing their order. The package is designed to solve overdetermined systems of partial differential equations (the so called symmetry equations) and allows to investigate not only point symmetries but contact and dynamical ones as well. Three examples are given illustrating the implementation of the package.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Wittkopf, Allan D.; Reid, Gregory J.: Fast differential eleminination in C: The CDiffElim environment (2001)
- Wolf, Thomas: The symbolic integration of exact PDEs. (2000)
- Hereman, W.: Review of symbolic software for Lie symmetry analysis (1997)
- Reid, Gregory J.; Wittkopf, Allan D.; Boulton, Alan: Reduction of systems of nonlinear partial differential equations to simplified involutive forms (1996)
- Hereman, W.: Review of symbolic software for the computation of Lie symmetries of differential equations (1994)
- Carminati, John; Devitt, John S.; Fee, Greg J.: Isogroups of differential equations using algebraic computing (1992)
- Reid, G.J.; Boulton, A.: Reduction of systems of differential equations to standard form and their integration using directed graphs (1991)
- Pohle, H.J.; Wolf, T.: Automatic determination of dynamical symmetries of ordinary differential equations (1989)