ExSpect 6.4: An executable specification tool for hierarchical colored Petri nets ExSpect is a software tool for discrete process modelling. It is suitable for business process modelling, production chain modelling, use case modelling, etcetera.An ExSpect model describes a process in terms of a collection of subtasks that communicate by message passing. The network of subtasks is displayed and edited graphically. A subtask can itself have a process model; this allows large models to be decomposed into manageable parts. Models can be analysed for structural correctness properties, and their behaviour can be observed through simulation, either step-by-step, continuous or with breakpoints. An ExSpect simulation can create or use external files; it is even possible to use an ExSpect simulation component. ExSpect can import process models created by other tools, notably Transflow’s COSA workflows and Pallas Athena’s Protos models.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- van der Aalst, Wil M. P.; Stahl, Christian; Westergaard, Michael: Strategies for modeling complex processes using colored Petri nets (2013)
- van der Aalst, Wil M. P.; Westergaard, Michael; Reijers, Hajo A.: Beautiful workflows: a matter of taste? (2013)
- Zimmermann, Armin: Stochastic discrete event systems. Modeling, evaluation, applications. (2008)
- Gottschalk, F.; van der Aalst, W. M. P.; Jansen-Vullers, M. H.; Verbeek, H. M. W.: Protos2cpn: Using colored Petri nets for configuring and testing business processes (2007) ioport
- Verbeek, Eric; van Hattem, Maarte; Reijers, Hajo; de Munk, Wendy: Protos 7.0: Simulation made accessible (2005)
- Reijers, Hajo A.: Design and control of workflow processes. Business process management for the service industry. (2003)
- van der Aalst, W. M. P.; van Hee, K. M.; van der Toorn, R. A.: Component-based software architectures: A framework based on inheritance of behavior (2002)
- van der Aalst, Wil M. P.; de Crom, Poul J. N.; Goverde, Roy R. H. M. J.; van Hee, Kees M.; Hofman, Wout J.; Reijers, Hajo A.; van der Toorn, Robert A.: ExSpect 6. 4: An executable specification tool for hierarchical colored Petri nets (2000)
- van der Aalst, W. M. P.: Petri net based scheduling (1996)
- Van der Aalst, W. M. P.; Odijk, M. A.: Analysis of railway stations by means of interval timed coloured Petri nets. (1995) ioport
- Beulens, A. J. M. (ed.); Sebastian, H.-J. (ed.): Optimization-based computer-aided modelling and design. Proceedings of the 1st working conference of the IFIP TC 7.6 working group, held at the Fac. of Informatics of the Haagse Hogeschool, The Hague, The Netherlands, April 2-4, 1991 (1992)