The Maple Power Tool intpakX defines Maple types for real intervals and complex disc intervals. On the level of basic operations, intpakX includes the four basic arithmetic operators, including extended interval division as an extra function. Furthermore, there are power, square, square root, logarithm and exponential functions, a set of standard functions, union, and intersection. Reimplementations of the Maple construction, conversion, and unapplication functions are available. Additionally, there is a range of operators for complex disc arithmetic. As applications, verified computation of zeroes (Interval Newton Method) with the possibility to find all zeroes of a function on a specified interval, and range enclosure for real-valued functions of one or two variables are implemented, the latter using either interval evaluation or evaluation via the mean value form and adaptive subdivision of intervals. The user can choose between a non-graphical and a graphical version of the above algorithms displaying the resulting intervals of each iteration step. The source code (about 2000 lines of Maple-code) of the extension intpakX is freely available at http://www.math.uni-wuppertal.de/ xsc/software/intpakX/.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Antal, Elvira; Csendes, Tibor; Virágh, János: Nonlinear transformations for the simplification of unconstrained nonlinear optimization problems (2013)
- Krämer, Walter: Multiple/arbitrary precision interval computations in C-XSC (2012)
- Krämer, Walter: Computer-assisted proofs and symbolic computations (2010)
- Krämer, Walter: Verification methods and symbolic computations (2010)
- Neher, Markus: Complex inclusion functions in the CoStLy C++ class library (2010)
- Krämer, Walter: Introduction to the Maple Power Tool intpakX (2007)
- Krämer, Walter: Computing and visualizing solution sets of interval linear systems (2007)
- Revol, Nathalie; Rouillier, Fabrice: Motivations for an arbitrary precision interval arithmetic and the MPFI library (2005)
- Grimmer, Markus; Petras, Knut; Revol, Nathalie: Multiple precision interval packages: comparing different approaches (2004)
- Grimmer, Markus: Interval arithmetic in Maple with intpakx (2003)