The purpose of the F2PY --Fortran to Python interface generator-- project is to provide connection between Python and Fortran languages. F2PY is a Python extension tool for creating Python C/API modules from (handwritten or F2PY generated) signature files (or directly from Fortran sources). The generated extension modules facilitate: Calling Fortran 77/90/95, Fortran 90/95 module, and C functions from Python. Accessing Fortran 77 COMMON blocks and Fortran 90/95 module data (including allocatable arrays) from Python. Calling Python functions from Fortran or C (call-backs). Automatically handling the difference in the data storage order of multi-dimensional Fortran and Numerical Python (i.e. C) arrays. In addition, F2PY can build the generated extension modules to shared libraries with one command. F2PY uses the scipy_distutils module from SciPy that supports number of major Fortran compilers. F2PY generated extension modules depend on NumPy package that provides fast multi-dimensional array language facility to Python.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Izaac, Josh A.; Wang, Jingbo B.: \itpyCTQW: a continuous-time quantum walk simulator on distributed memory computers (2015)
- Ying, Jinyong; Xie, Dexuan: A new finite element and finite difference hybrid method for computing electrostatics of ionic solvated biomolecule (2015)
- Xie, Dexuan: New solution decomposition and minimization schemes for Poisson-Boltzmann equation in calculation of biomolecular electrostatics (2014)
- Xie, Dexuan; Jiang, Yi; Scott, L.Ridgway: Efficient algorithms for a nonlocal dielectric model for protein in ionic solvent (2013)
- Corrigan, Andrew; Camelli, Fernando; Löhner, Rainald; Mut, Fernando: Semi-automatic porting of a large-scale Fortran CFD code to GPUs (2012)
- Perez, Ruben E.; Jansen, Peter W.; Martins, Joaquim R.R.A.: PyOpt: a python-based object-oriented framework for nonlinear constrained optimization (2012)
- Tamm, Kert; Salupere, Andrus: On the propagation of 1D solitary waves in Mindlin-type microstructured solids (2012)
- Yuffa, Alex J.; Scales, John A.: Object-oriented electrodynamic S-matrix code with modern applications (2012)
- Drummond, L.Anthony; Galiano, Vicente; Migallón, Violeta; Penadés, Jose: PyACTS: A Python based interface to ACTS tools and parallel scientific applications (2009)
- Ilison, Lauri; Salupere, Andrus: Propagation of $sech^2$-type solitary waves in hierarchical KdV-type systems (2009)