Report on a practical application of ASMs in software design ASMs have been used at Siemens Corporate Technology to design a component in a software package called FALKO. Main purpose of FALKO is the construction and validation of timetables for railway systems. For simulation the whole closed-loop traffic control system is modelled within FALKO. The railway process model part of FALKO was formally specified using the ASM approach. C++ code is generated from the formal specification and compiled together with the handwritten C++ code of the other components to obtain the FALKO executable. The project started in May 1998 and was finished in March 1999. Since then FALKO is used by the Vienna Subway Operator for the validation of the whole subway operational service.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Börger, Egon: The subject-oriented approach to software design and the abstract state machines method (2012)
- Börger, Egon: The abstract state machines method for high-level system design and analysis (2010)
- Bowen, Jonathan P.; Hinchey, Michael G.: Ten commandments ten years on: Lessons for ASM, B, Z and VSR-net (2009)
- Börger, Egon: Construction and analysis of ground models and their refinements as a foundation for validating computer-based systems (2007)
- Farahbod, Roozbeh; Gervasi, Vincenzo; Glässer, Uwe: CoreASM: an extensible ASM execution engine (2007)
- Börger, Egon: The ASM method for system design and analysis. A tutorial introduction (2005)
- Nowack, Antje: A guarded fragment for abstract state machines (2005)
- Börger, Egon: Design for reuse via structuring techniques for ASMs (2001)
- Barnett, Mike; Börger, Egon; Gurevich, Yuri; Schulte, Wolfram; Veanes, Margus: Using abstract state machines at Microsoft: A case study (2000)
- Börger, Egon: Abstract state machines at the cusp of the millenium (2000)
- Börger, Egon; Päppinghaus, Peter; Schmid, Joachim: Report on a practical application of ASMs in software design (2000)