AUTOMATE, a computing package for automata and finite semigroups. AUTOMATE is a package written in the programming language C that allows to calculate the deterministic non-complete minimal automaton of a rational language and the transition monoid of a deterministic automaton. A library of C-functions dealing with these objects is available as well and is the base of the implementation of AUTOMATE. Languages can be defined either by extended rational expressions or a transition table. Several properties of the transition monoid can be calculated, for example: a list of it’s elements, a set of relations defining the monoid, numbers of regular and idempotent elements, and information about the classes of Green’s relations ℛ, ℒ, ℋ, and the relation 𝒟=ℛ∘ℒ. The main results used for the calculations are presented. Green’s relations are the most powerful tool involved. Finally a long, well commented example run of AUTOMATE is shown in detail.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- East, James; Egri-Nagy, Attila; Mitchell, James D.; Péresse, Yann: Computing finite semigroups (2019-2019)
- Chmiel, Krzysztof; Roman, Adam: COMPAS -- a computing package for synchronization (2011)
- Cimatti, Alessandro; Mover, Sergio; Roveri, Marco; Tonetta, Stefano: From sequential extended regular expressions to NFA with symbolic labels (2011)
- Champarnaud, J.-M.: Subset construction complexity for homogeneous automata, position automata and ZPC-structures (2001)
- Duchamp, G.; Flouret, M.; Laugerotte, E.; Luque, J.-G.: Direct and dual laws for automata with multiplicities (2001)
- Knuutila, T.: Re-describing an algorithm by Hopcroft (2001)
- Pin, Jean-Eric; Weil, Pascal: A conjecture on the concatenation product (2001)
- Caron, Pascal; Ziadi, Djelloul: Characterization of Glushkov automata (2000)
- Konieczny, Janusz: Green’s equivalences in finite semigroups of binary relations (1994)
- Weil, Pascal: Some results on the dot-depth hierarchy (1993)
- Champarnaud, J. M.; Hansel, G.: AUTOMATE, a computing package for automata and finite semigroups (1991)
- Towner, L. E.; Ranade, J.: CASE: concepts and implementation (1990)