WAVETRAIN is a free, open-source software package for investigating periodic travelling wave solutions of partial differential equations. Typically such equations will contain a number of parameters. WAVETRAIN requires that one of these be selected; this parameter is referred to as the control parameter. Focussing on periodic travelling waves introduces an additional parameter, the wave speed. The basic task performed by WAVETRAIN is the calculation of the region of the control parameter - wave speed plane in which periodic travelling waves exist, and additionally where they are stable. WAVETRAIN’s calculations all use the method of numerical continuation. WAVETRAIN is intended to be easy to use, even for users with limited mathematical/computational background. In particular, the input files for WAVETRAIN are all simple text files: users are not required to write any computer programs, and do not need expertise in any programming language or other software. WAVETRAIN includes a plotter to visualise the results of its calculations. WAVETRAIN plots are publication-quality, and can be fine-tuned by the user if required. WAVETRAIN also provides detailed output data files that are accessible to the user if required, and that have an easily comprehensible format.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Sun, Xianbo; Yu, Pei; Qin, Bin: Global existence and uniqueness of periodic waves in a population model with density-dependent migrations and allee effect (2017)
- Sherratt, Jonathan A.: Invasion generates periodic traveling waves (wavetrains) in predator-prey models with nonlocal dispersal (2016)
- Sherratt, Jonathan A.; Mackenzie, Julia J.: How does tidal flow affect pattern formation in mussel beds? (2016)
- Gani, M.Osman; Ogawa, Toshiyuki: Instability of periodic traveling wave solutions in a modified Fitzhugh-Nagumo model for excitable media (2015)
- Wang, Qinlong; Huang, Wentao: Limit periodic travelling wave solution of a model for biological invasions (2014)
- Sherratt, Jonathan A.: Pattern solutions of the Klausmeier model for banded vegetation in semiarid environments. IV: Slowly moving patterns and their stability (2013)
- Sherratt, Jonathan A.: Numerical continuation of boundaries in parameter space between stable and unstable periodic travelling wave (wavetrain) solutions of partial differential equations (2013)
- Tresaco, E.; Riaguas, A.; Elipe, A.: Numerical analysis of periodic solutions and bifurcations in the planetary annulus problem (2013)
- Sherratt, Jonathan A.: Numerical continuation methods for studying periodic travelling wave (wavetrain) solutions of partial differential equations (2012)
- Sun, Gui-Quan; Zhang, Juan; Song, Li-Peng; Jin, Zhen; Li, Bai-Lian: Pattern formation of a spatial predator-prey system (2012)