On semi-analytical probabilistic finite element method for homogenization of the periodic fiber-reinforced composites. The main aim of this paper is a development of the semi-analytical probabilistic version of the finite element method (FEM) related to the homogenization problem. This approach is based on the global version of the response function method and symbolic integral calculation of basic probabilistic moments of the homogenized tensor and is applied in conjunction with the effective modules method. It originates from the generalized stochastic perturbation-based FEM, where Taylor expansion with random parameters is not necessary now and is simply replaced with the integration of the response functions. The hybrid computational implementation of the system MAPLE with homogenization-oriented FEM code MCCEFF is invented to provide probabilistic analysis of the homogenized elasticity tensor for the periodic fiber-reinforced composites. Although numerical illustration deals with a homogenization of a composite with material properties defined as Gaussian random variables, other composite parameters as well as other probabilistic distributions may be taken into account. The methodology is independent of the boundary value problem considered and may be useful for general numerical solutions using finite or boundary elements, finite differences or volumes as well as for meshless numerical strategies.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Wu, Yuching; Xiao, Jianzhuang: Implementation of the multiscale stochastic finite element method on elliptic PDE problems (2017)
- Kamiński, Marcin: The stochastic perturbation method for computational mechanics (2013)
- Kamiński, Marcin; Lauke, Bernd: Parameter sensitivity and probabilistic analysis of the elastic homogenized properties for rubber filled polymers (2013)
- Kamiński, Marcin: Probabilistic entropy in homogenization of the periodic fiber-reinforced composites with random elastic parameters (2012)
- Kamiński, Marcin: On semi-analytical probabilistic finite element method for homogenization of the periodic fiber-reinforced composites (2011)