Patran is the world’s most widely used pre/post-processing software for Finite Element Analysis (FEA), providing solid modeling, meshing, analysis setup and post-processing for multiple solvers including MSC Nastran, Marc, Abaqus, LS-DYNA, ANSYS, and Pam-Crash. Patran provides a rich set of tools that streamline the creation of analysis ready models for linear, nonlinear, explicit dynamics, thermal, and other finite element solutions. From geometry cleanup tools that make it easy for engineers to deal with gaps and slivers in CAD, to solid modeling tools that enable creation of models from scratch, Patran makes it easy for anyone to create FE models. Meshes are easily created on surfaces and solids alike using fully automated meshing routines, manual methods that provide more control, or combinations of both. Finally, loads, boundary conditions, and analysis setup for most popular FE solvers is built in, minimizing the need to edit input decks. Patran’s comprehensive and industry tested capabilities ensure that your virtual prototyping efforts provide results fast so that you can evaluate product performance against requirements and optimize your designs.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Franke, M.; Hesch, C.; Betsch, P.: An augmentation technique for large deformation frictional contact problems (2013)
- Lee, Jungki; Oh, Sangmin: Multiple elliptical inclusions of arbitrary orientation in composites (2013)
- Panayirci, H.M.; Pradlwarter, H.J.; Schuëller, G.I.: Efficient stochastic structural analysis using Guyan reduction (2011)
- Trabelsi, O.; Del Palomar, A.Pérez; Tobar, A.Mena; López-Villalobos, J.L.; Ginel, A.; Doblaré, M.: FE simulation of human trachea swallowing movement before and after the implantation of an endoprothesis (2011)
- Panayirci, H.M.: Efficient solution for Galerkin-based polynomial chaos expansion systems (2010)
- Rao, B.N.; Ashokkumar, Rajesh: Effect of blow-holes on reliability of cast component (2008)
- Rahman, M.M.; Ariffin, A.K.: Effects of surface finish and treatment on the fatigue behaviour of vibrating cylinder block using frequency response approach (2006)
- Frączek, Janusz; Wojtyra, Marek: Teaching multibody dynamics at Warsaw University of Technology (2005)
- Zhao, Yaowu; Tryon, Robert: Automatic 3-D simulation and micro-stress distribution of polycrystalline metallic materials (2004)
- Houstis, E.N.; Rice, J.R.; Weerawarana, S.; Catlin, A.C.; Papachiou, P.; Wang, K.-Y.; Gaitatzes, M.: PELLPACK: A problem-solving environment for PDE-based applications on multicomputer platforms (1998)
- Gendy, A.S.; Patnaik, S.N.; Hopkins, D.A.; Berke, L.: Optimization of Space Station components using design code CometBoards (1996)