JaCoP is a Java Constraint Programming solver. It provides a significant number of (global) constraints to facilitate efficient modeling. It also provides modular design of search to help user tailor search to specific characteristics of problem being addressed. It is currently more than 90.000 lines of code, not including examples and testing code. We have been working on JaCoP for past 10 years. It has been refactored, transformed, improved many times. JaCoP provides a large library of examples as well as extensive Java API documentation. There are more than 20.000 lines of code explaining how to model and solve diverse problems. We have cases of JaCoP usage by young people at high school age. CP technology is not easy to use so at least we tried to make using JaCoP as easy as we could. JaCoP is being used in research, teaching, and industry. We participated in Minizinc Challenge and our solver has been awarded a silver prize in a fixed category.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Hiermann, Gerhard; Prandtstetter, Matthias; Rendl, Andrea; Puchinger, Jakob; Raidl, Günther R.: Metaheuristics for solving a multimodal home-healthcare scheduling problem (2015)
- Schrijvers, Tom; Tack, Guido; Wuille, Pieter; Samulowitz, Horst; Stuckey, Peter J.: An introduction to search combinators (2013)
- Soh, Takehide; Tamura, Naoyuki; Banbara, Mutsunori: Scarab: a rapid prototyping tool for SAT-based constraint programming systems (2013)
- Bistarelli, Stefano; Pirolandi, Daniele; Santini, Francesco: Solving weighted argumentation frameworks with soft constraints (2011)
- Eames, Brandon K.; Neema, Sandeep K.; Saraswat, Rohit: DesertFD: a finite-domain constraint based tool for design space exploration (2010)
- Lombardi, Michele; Milano, Michela: Allocation and scheduling of conditional task graphs (2010)
- Lombardi, Michele; Milano, Michela; Ruggiero, Martino; Benini, Luca: Stochastic allocation and scheduling for conditional task graphs in multi-processor systems-on-chip (2010)
- Islam, Shariful; Suri, Neeraj; Balogh, András; Csertán, György; Pataricza, András: An optimization based design for integrated dependable real-time embedded systems (2009)
- Boniol, Frédéric; Hladik, Pierre-Emmanuel; Pagetti, Claire; Aspro, Frédéric; Jégu, Victor: A framework for distributing real-time functions (2008)
- Cherroun, Hadda; Darte, Alain; Feautrier, Paul: Reservation table scheduling: branch-and-bound based optimization$V S.$ integer linear programming techniques (2007)
- Maestro, Juan Antonio; Mozos, Daniel; Dormido, Raquel; Reviriego, Pedro: New alternatives to the estimation problem in hardware-software codesign of complex embedded systems: The H.261 video co-dec case study (2005)