We present a new constraint solver over finite domains, freely available as library(clpfd) in SWI-Prolog. Our solver has several unique features, which we describe in this paper: Reasoning over arbitrarily large integers, always terminating propagation, and a domain-specific language that concisely expresses the full semantics of constraint reification. The library is entirely written in prolog and can be easily ported to other prolog systems that support attributed variables. the constraint solver is fast enough for teaching and research purposes and is already being used in courses at several universities in France, Germany, Italy, Austria and other countries.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Bergenti, Federico; Monica, Stefania: Hyper-arc consistency of polynomial constraints over finite domains using the modified Bernstein form (2017)
- Albert, Elvira; Arenas, Puri; Gómez-Zamalloa, Miguel; Rojas, Jose Miguel: Test case generation by symbolic execution: basic concepts, a CLP-based instance, and actor-based concurrency (2014)
- Aranda-López, Gabriel; Nieva, Susana; Sáenz-Pérez, Fernando; Sánchez-Hernández, Jaime: An extended constraint deductive database: theory and implementation (2014)
- Schrijvers, Tom; Demoen, Bart; Triska, Markus; Desouter, Benoit: Tor: modular search with hookable disjunction (2014)
- Triska, Markus: The finite domain constraint solver of SWI-Prolog (2012) ioport
- Triska, Markus: Generalising constraint solving over finite domains (2008) ioport
Further publications can be found at: http://www.swi-prolog.org/Publications.txt