The finite element software package FEINS is introduced. One of its unique features is the design for shape optimisation problems. To enable efficient shape optimisation it provides the gradient of performance functionals with respect to the domain geometry. These gradients are computed by the discrete adjoint technique to achieve computational cost independent of the dimension of the shape parameterisation. Special attention is given to efficient solution techniques for the algebraic systems of equations which result from FE discretisation. An overview of the capabilities of FEINS is given and examples illustrate its utility.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Benner, Peter; Mena, Hermann: Numerical solution of the infinite-dimensional LQR problem and the associated Riccati differential equations (2018)
- Benner, Peter; Mena, Hermann; Schneider, René: Modeling Glyphosate aerial spray drift at the Ecuador-Colombia border (2016)
- Schneider, René: A review of anisotropic refinement methods for triangular meshes in FEM (2013)
- Schneider, René: FEINS: finite element solver for shape optimization with adjoint equations (2012)
- Schneider, René; Jimack, Peter K.: On the evaluation of finite element sensitivities to nodal coordinates (2008)