CasADi: A symbolic package for automatic differentiation and optimal control. We present CasADi, a free, open-source software tool for fast, yet efficient solution of nonlinear optimization problems in general and dynamic optimization problems in particular. To the developer of algorithms for numerical optimization and to the advanced user of such algorithms, it offers a level of abstraction which is notably lower, and hence more flexible, than that of algebraic modeling languages such as AMPL or GAMS, but higher than working with a conventional automatic differentiation (AD) tool. par CasADi is best described as a minimalistic computer algebra system (CAS) implementing automatic differentiation in eight different flavors. Similar to algebraic modeling languages, it includes high-level interfaces to state-of-the-art numerical codes for nonlinear programming, quadratic programming and integration of differential-algebraic equations. CasADi is implemented in self-contained C++ code and contains full-featured front-ends to Python and Octave for rapid prototyping. In this paper, we present the AD framework of CasADi and benchmark the tool against AMPL for a set of nonlinear programming problems from the CUTEr test suite.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Birk, Lothar; McCulloch, T.Luke: Robust generation of constrained B-spline curves based on automatic differentiation and fairness optimization (2018)
- Dunning, Iain; Huchette, Joey; Lubin, Miles: JuMP: a modeling language for mathematical optimization (2017)
- Quirynen, Rien; Gros, Sébastien; Houska, Boris; Diehl, Moritz: Lifted collocation integrators for direct optimal control in ACADO toolkit (2017)
- Elsheikh, Atiyah: An equation-based algorithmic differentiation technique for differential algebraic equations (2015)
- Word, Daniel P.; Kang, Jia; Akesson, Johan; Laird, Carl D.: Efficient parallel solution of large-scale nonlinear dynamic optimization problems (2014)
- Andersson, Joel; Åkesson, Johan; Diehl, Moritz: CasADi: A symbolic package for automatic differentiation and optimal control (2012)
- Forth, Shaun (ed.); Hovland, Paul (ed.); Phipps, Eric (ed.); Utke, Jean (ed.); Walther, Andrea (ed.): Recent advances in algorithmic differentiation. Selected papers based on the presentations at the 6th international conference on automatic differentiation (AD2012), Fort Collins, CO, USA, July 23--27, 2012. (2012)