smacof: SMACOF for Multidimensional Scaling , This package provides the following approaches of multidimensional scaling (MDS) based on stress minimization by means of majorization (smacof): Simple smacof on symmetric dissimilarity matrices, smacof for rectangular matrices (unfolding models), smacof with constraints on the configuration, three-way smacof for individual differences (including constraints for idioscal, indscal, and identity), and spherical smacof (primal and dual algorithm). Each of these approaches is implemented in a metric and nonmetric manner including primary, secondary, and tertiary approaches for tie handling. Jackknife and permutation tests are included as well.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Greenacre, Michael J.; Groenen, Patrick J.F.: Weighted Euclidean biplots (2016)
- Bai, Shuanghua; Qi, Huo-Duo; Xiu, Naihua: Constrained best Euclidean distance embedding on a sphere: a matrix optimization approach (2015)
- Mateu, Jorge; Schoenberg, Frederic P.; Diez, David M.; González, Jonatan A.; Lu, Weipeng: On measures of dissimilarity between point patterns: classification based on prototypes and multidimensional scaling (2015)
- Preoteasa, Cristina Teodora; Ionescu, Ecaterina; Preoteasa, Elena; Machado, J.A.Tenreiro; Baleanu, Mihaela Cristina; Baleanu, Dumitru: Multidimensional scaling for orthodontic root resorption (2013) ioport
- Lima, Miguel F.M.; Tenreiro Machado, J.A.; Costa, António C.: A multidimensional scaling analysis of musical sounds based on pseudo phase plane (2012)
- Tenreiro Machado, J.: Multidimensional scaling analysis of fractional systems (2012)
- Bien, Jacob; Tibshirani, Robert J.: Sparse estimation of a covariance matrix (2011)
- Köhn, Hans-Friedrich: Representation of individual differences in rectangular proximity data through anti-Q matrix decomposition (2010)
- de Leeuw, Jan; Groenen, Patrick J.F.: Inverse multidimensional scaling (1997)