QuTiP is open-source software for simulating the dynamics of open quantum systems. The QuTiP library depends on the excellent Numpy and Scipy numerical packages. In addition, graphical output is provided by Matplotlib. QuTiP aims to provide user-friendly and efficient numerical simulations of a wide variety of Hamiltonians, including those with arbitrary time-dependence, commonly found in a wide range of physics applications such as quantum optics, trapped ions, superconducting circuits, and quantum nanomechanical resonators. QuTiP is freely available for use and/or modification on all Unix based platforms such as Linux and Mac OSX. Being free of any licensing fees, QuTiP is ideal for exploring quantum mechanics and dynamics in the classroom. QuTiP may also be thought of as an open source alternative to the popular, but aging, Quantum Optics Toolbox (qotoolbox), although we do not aim to be in one-to-one correspondence.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Phillip Weinberg, Marin Bukov: QuSpin: a Python Package for Dynamics and Exact Diagonalisation of Quantum Many Body Systems. Part II: bosons, fermions and higher spins (2018) arXiv
- Burkhard Schmidt, Carsten Hartmann: WavePacket: A Matlab package for numerical quantum dynamics. II: Open quantum systems, optimal control, and model reduction (2017) arXiv
- De Roeck, Wojciech; Dhar, Abhishek; Huveneers, François; Schütz, Marius: Step density profiles in localized chains (2017)
- Gu, Xiu; Kockum, Anton Frisk; Miranowicz, Adam; Liu, Yu-xi; Nori, Franco: Microwave photonics with superconducting quantum circuits (2017)
- Marshman, Emily; Singh, Chandralekha: Investigating and improving student understanding of the probability distributions for measuring physical observables in quantum mechanics (2017)
- Sebastian Krämer, David Plankensteiner, Laurin Ostermann, Helmut Ritsch: QuantumOptics.jl: A Julia framework for simulating open quantum systems (2017) arXiv
- Dajka, Jerzy; Łobejko, Marcin; Łuczka, Jerzy: Leggett-Garg inequalities for a quantum top affected by classical noise (2016)
- Hocker, David; Kosut, Robert; Rabitz, Herschel: PEET: a Matlab tool for estimating physical gate errors in quantum information processing systems (2016)
- J. R. Johansson, P. D. Nation, Franco Nori: QuTiP: An open-source Python framework for the dynamics of open quantum systems (2011) arXiv