For simulation of free surface flow over variable depth in coastal engineering a first Boussinesq model was derived by Peregrine (1976). This model was restricted to accurate simulation in shallow water. The equations was later extended for the adaption to deeper waters. This led to the development of several modified forms of Boussinesq-type equations, e.g. Madsen et al. (1992) and Nwogu (1993) and later Madsen et al. (2003). The OceanWave3D model addresses the limitations in practical application ranges of Boussinesq-type models and is based on the original work by Li and Fleming (1997) and has been extended and improved by Bingham Et al. (2007), Engsig-Karup et al. (2008), Engsig-Karup et al. (2011).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Bigoni, Daniele; Engsig-Karup, Allan P.; Eskilsson, Claes: Efficient uncertainty quantification of a fully nonlinear and dispersive water wave model with random inputs (2016)
- Couturier, Raphaël (ed.): Designing scientific applications on GPUs (2014)
- Ducrozet, Guillaume; Engsig-Karup, Allan P.; Bingham, Harry B.; Ferrant, Pierre: A non-linear wave decomposition model for efficient wave-structure interaction. part A: formulation, validations and analysis (2014)
- Glimberg, S.L.; Engsig-Karup, A.P.; Madsen, M.G.: A fast GPU-accelerated mixed-precision strategy for fully nonlinear water wave computations (2013)
- Ducrozet, Guillaume; Bingham, Harry B.; Engsig-Karup, Allan P.; Bonnefoy, Félicien; Ferrant, Pierre: A comparative study of two fast nonlinear free-surface water wave models (2012)
- Engsig-Karup, A.P.; Madsen, Morten G.; Glimberg, Stefan L.: A massively parallel GPU-accelerated model for analysis of fully nonlinear free surface waves (2012)
- Engsig-Karup, A.P.; Bingham, H.B.; Lindberg, O.: An efficient flexible-order model for 3D nonlinear water waves (2009)
- Bingham, Harry B.; Zhang, Haiwen: On the accuracy of finite-difference solutions for nonlinear water waves (2007)