PackLib 2 : an integrated library of multi-dimensional packing problems. We present PackLib 2 , the first fully integrated benchmark library for multi-dimensional packing instances. PackLib 2 combines a systematic collection of all benchmark instances from previous literature with a well-organized set of new and challenging large instances. The XML format allows linking basic benchmark data with other important properties, like bibliographic information, origin, best known solutions, runtimes, etc. Transforming instances into a variety of existing input formats is also quite easy, as the XML format lends itself to easy conversion; for this purpose, a number of parsers are provided. Thus, PackLib 2 aims at becoming a one-stop location for the packing and cutting community: in addition to fair and easy comparison of algorithmic work and ongoing measurement of scientific progress, it poses numerous challenges for future research.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Tian, Tian; Zhu, Wenbin; Lim, Andrew; Wei, Lijun: The multiple container loading problem with preference (2016)
- Wei, Lijun; Zhu, Wenbin; Lim, Andrew: A goal-driven prototype column generation strategy for the multiple container loading cost minimization problem (2015)
- Russo, Mauro; Sforza, Antonio; Sterle, Claudio: An exact dynamic programming algorithm for large-scale unconstrained two-dimensional guillotine cutting problems (2014)
- Zhu, Wenbin; Huang, Weili; Lim, Andrew: A prototype column generation strategy for the multiple container loading problem (2012)
- Che, Chan Hou; Huang, Weili; Lim, Andrew; Zhu, Wenbin: The multiple container loading cost minimization problem (2011)
- Parreño, F.; Alvarez-Valdes, R.; Oliveira, J. F.; Tamarit, J. M.: A hybrid GRASP/VND algorithm for two- and three-dimensional bin packing (2010)
- Fekete, Sándor P.; Der Veen, Jan C. Van: PackLib$^2$: an integrated library of multi-dimensional packing problems (2007)