The development of mathematical visualization through 3D modelling software. The paper discusses a 3D modelling software and points to its utilization in teaching practise, especially for school mathematical lessons as one of the alternative method of teaching solid geometry through ICT. The second part of the paper is engaged in research into the development of spatial abilities. Furthermore some models produced in the environment of SketchUp are added. The aim was to show how SketchUp as one of the DGS can be used for the didactical purpose.
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Lee, Hyun Hui; Kim, Rae Young: The impact of Google SketchUp on spatial ability and 3D-geometric thinking of grade 7 students in the measurement of the volume solids (2013) MathEduc
- Ruppert, Markus: Developing models of buildings with Google Earth (2013) MathEduc
- Wörler, Jan: 3D modeling with \textttSketchUp: an introduction (2013) MathEduc
- Livingstone, Jenny; Fleron, Julian F.: Exploring three-dimensional worlds using Google SketchUp (2012) MathEduc
- Pabich, Bronisław: SketchUp -- a new tool (2012) MathEduc
- Weigend, Michael: 3D-modeling with Google SketchUp (2012) MathEduc
- Repiská, L.: The development of mathematical visualization through 3D modelling software (2010) MathEduc
- Repiská, L.; Židek, O.; Žilková, K.: Geometric modeling in the software SketchUp (2009) MathEduc