From Spider-man to Hero - archetypal analysis in R. Archetypal analysis has the aim to represent observations in a multivariate data set as convex combinations of extremal points. This approach was introduced by Cutler and Breiman (1994); they defined the concrete problem, laid out the theoretical foundations and presented an algorithm written in Fortran. In this paper we present the R package archetypes which is available on the Comprehensive R Archive Network. The package provides an implementation of the archetypal analysis algorithm within R and different exploratory tools to analyze the algorithm during its execution and its final result. The application of the package is demonstrated on two examples.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Guillermo Vinué: Anthropometry: An R Package for Analysis of Anthropometric Data (2017)
- Canhasi, Ercan; Kononenko, Igor: Automatic extractive multi-document summarization based on archetypal analysis (2016) ioport
- Seth, Sohan; Eugster, Manuel J. A.: Probabilistic archetypal analysis (2016)
- Eugster, Manuel J. A.: Benchmark experiments. A tool for analyzing statistical learning algorithms. (2011)
- Eugster, Manuel J. A.; Leisch, Friedrich: Weighted and robust archetypal analysis (2011)
- Cutler, Adele: Remembering Leo Breiman (2010)