A PID tuning tool for networked control systems This paper presents a software tool that can be used for PID controller tuning in networked control systems. The problem with networks, when control issues are considered, is that they cause varying delays in the measurements. A delay in the feedback loop may cause instability and it thus complicates control design, and a varying delay makes the design task even more difficult. The PID tuning procedure that is implemented in the tool is based on simulation and constrained optimization techniques. First, the control system is modeled, and then its performance is optimized with respect to a cost criterion. The networks are modeled with delay distributions in the control system simulation model. The tool provides an easy-to-use graphical user interface for tuning PID controllers manually or automatically.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Mahmoud, Magdi S.; Hussain, S.Azher: Adaptive PI secondary control for smart autonomous microgrid systems (2015)
- Tejado, Inés; Hosseinnia, S.Hassan; Vinagre, Blas M.: Adaptive gain-order fractional control for network-based applications (2014)
- Bagis, Aytekin: Tabu search algorithm based PID controller tuning for desired system specifications (2011)
- Matušů, Radek; Prokop, Roman: Single-parameter tuning of PI controllers: theory and application (2011)
- Miranda, Márcio F.; Leite, Valter J.S.: Robust stabilization of polytopic discrete-time systems with time-varying state delay: a convex approach (2011)
- Panda, Sidhartha: Differential evolution algorithm for SSSC-based damping controller design considering time delay (2011)
- Wang, Chi-Jo; Chiou, Juing-Shian; Cheng, Chun-Ming: On delay-independent stabilization analysis for a class of switched time-delay systems with the state-driven switching strategy (2011)
- Eriksson, L.; Oksanen, T.; Mikkola, K.: PID controller tuning rules for integrating processes with varying time-delays (2009)
- Farkh, Rihem; Laabidi, Kaouther; Ksouri, Mekki: Computation of all stabilizing PID gain for second-order delay system (2009)
- Eriksson, Lasse: A PID tuning tool for networked control systems (2005)