STXXL: Standard template library for XXL data sets We present a software library STXXL, that enables practice-oriented experimentation with huge data sets. STXXL is an implementation of the C++ standard template library STL for external memory computations. It supports parallel disks, overlapping between I/O and computation and is the first external memory algorithm library that supports the pipelining technique that can save more than half of the I/Os. STXXL has already been used for the following applications: implementations of external memory algorithms for computing minimum spanning trees, connected components, breadth-first search decompositions, constructing suffix arrays, and computing social network analysis metrics for huge graphs.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Bertasi, Paolo; Bressan, Marco; Peserico, Enoch: PSort, yet another fast stable sorting software (2011)
- Edelkamp, S.; Sulewski, D.; Barnat, J.; Brim, L.; Šimeček, P.: Flash memory efficient LTL model checking (2011)
- Chowdhury, Rezaul Alam; Ramachandran, Vijaya: The cache-oblivious Gaussian elimination paradigm: Theoretical framework, parallelization and Experimental evaluation (2010)
- Navarro, Gonzalo; Paredes, Rodrigo: On sorting, heaps, and minimum spanning trees (2010)
- Ajwani, Deepak; Meyer, Ulrich: Design and engineering of external memory traversal algorithms for general graphs (2009)
- Barnat, J.; Brim, L.; Šimeček, P.; Weber, M.: Revisiting resistance speeds up I/O-efficient LTL model checking (2008)
- Dementiev, R.; Kettner, L.; Sanders, P.: STXXL: Standard template library for XXL data sets (2008)
- Ajwani, Deepak; Dementiev, Roman; Meyer, Ulrich: A computational study of external-memory BFS algorithms (2006)
- Dementiev, Roman: Processing huge graphs with STxxl (2006)
- Dementiev, Roman; Kettner, Lutz; Sanders, Peter: STXXL : Standard template library for XXL data sets (2005)